The Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) would benefit anyone considering, or already holding supervisory or management responsibilities on site. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
This course is intended to give site supervisors a clear understanding of how health and safety affects their role and the practical steps they can take to ensure a safe site.
The Site Supervision Safety (SSSTS) Training Scheme can be used as a precursor to attendance on the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course and is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
We can offer this course at centres all over the UK or at your chosen premises with prices starting at £240+VATpp.
What you will learn
- An understanding of problems within the construction industry
- Knowledge of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- How your supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- How to carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- To monitor site activities effectively
- An understanding of the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and must be interactive during the course.
Prerequisites: Delegates need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CITB certificate valid for 5 years.
To book alternative dates or locations, email email@example.com or call 03456 122 144.
To book a dedicated course at your premises, please complete the booking form found here.