9 February 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training would benefit anyone who manages work at height activities and those individuals who work at height as part of their job.
This Working at Height training course provides an overview of work activities involving risk of injury from working at height and helps those with responsibility for supervising the risks to meet their legal duty to manage.
Falls from height are the most common cause of fatal injury and the second most common cause of major injury to employees in the UK. 60% of accidents from falls that result in major injury are from heights below 2 metres.
This course can include the use of ladders if required.
This half-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the legislative requirements for working at height
- The knowledge to identify the hazards of working at height and outline the requirements to control them
- The ability to explain what safe working procedures are and the reasons for using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to select the correct PPE for the task and be able to identify how and when it should be maintained
- How to select the correct type of fall arrest equipment and identify and select suitable anchor points
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment (if applicable).
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.