Persons requiring this type of training would include those whose work will knowingly disturb low-risk asbestos-containing materials, such as maintenance workers and their supervisors; and those who carry out asbestos sampling and analysis.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 10 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
This course is designed to provide the delegate with the theoretical and practical skills to undertake non-licensed works with ACM’s. Persons requiring this type of training would include trade operatives undertaking tasks with ACS’s as defined in HSG210 and in accordance with CAR 2012 Reg 3(2).
This training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, prices start from £650+VAT for a refresher and £1135+VAT for the full course. Up to 12 delegates can attend either option.
If you have not attended a UKATA Asbestos Awareness course in the past six months, you have the option of completing our classroom training course or e-learning.
What you will learn
- Risk assessment and plans of work
- Emergency procedures
- EM3 – Building and dismantling a mini-enclosure (optional)
- EM4 – Using a class H vacuum
- EM5 – Wetting asbestos materials
- EM6 – Personal Protective Equipment
- EM7 – using damp rags to clean surfaces of minor asbestos contamination
- EM8 – Personal decontamination
- EM9 – Disposal of asbestos waste
- EM10 – Statement of cleanliness after textured coating removal
Assessment: Delegates must complete both a practical and theory test.
Certification: On successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a UKATA Certificate which is valid for 12 months, after which the UKATA Non-Licensable Work with Asbestos including NNLW Refresher course can be taken.
To book this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03456 122 144.