THSP’s Risk Assessment and COSHH training course provides information on risk and CoSHH assessments enabling you to be confident enough to carry out and write your own.
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of Risk Assessment, Method Statements and COSHH and how to develop these for their own works/ workplaces.
This 1-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £795+VAT for up to 15 delegates.
If you’d like these delivered separately, they are a half-day course each and the cost is £495+VAT for up to 15 delegates.
What you will learn
- Legislative requirements
- What is Risk Assessment
- 5 steps to risk assessment
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Safe systems of work
- Control Measures
- The purpose of method statements
- The problems with method statements
- When method statements are required
- Who should compile method statements
- How to compile a method statement
- Identify legal requirements
- COSHH Assessment
- Sources of information (MSDS)
- Substances to be assessed
- Competency to assess
- EH40 and Control of exposure plus Record keeping
Assessment: Delegates must show competence in filling out the relevant paperwork.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.