The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety would benefit managers, supervisors and employee representatives that have been designated with fire responsibilities. It equips delegates to conduct and review fire risk assessments in most, low-risk workplaces and enables them to identify preventative and protective measures.
Duration: 4 days plus exams
Prices for this course will vary and include all course materials, study days, revision and exam fees.
This NEBOSH accredited qualification is comprised on two units, each of which is assessed separately:
Fire Safety (FSC1) – Open book exam
Practical Fire Risk Assessment (FSC2) – Practical assessment
We can offer this course at centres all over the UK or at your chosen premises with prices starting at £895+VATpp.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety
- To appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- How to outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- To identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- How to advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- How to advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- The ability to use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
- The principals of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of a fire
FSC1 & 2 Elements
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection of buildings
- Safety of people in the event of fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Prerequisites: Delegates need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Certification: On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a NEBOSH certificate.