This course is designed for persons who wish to train and/or assess those who are involved in manual handling in the workplace. Inhouse company trainers and supervisors who are responsible for the welfare of staff who undertake manual handling operations as part of their work would find this course particularly useful and beneficial.
This training course gives delegates sufficient training skills to create and deliver a basic manual handling training course centered around their working environment; to reduce the risk of injury to employees by having a competent trainer on-site to provide ongoing training as and when it is required.
This course will provide you with trained staff who are fully aware of the implications of manual handling. They will be able to train new employees in correct lifting methods and also provide refresher training to existing employees.
This 1-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £795+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- The legal requirements and duties of the employer and employee
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Safe lifting and handling techniques
- Relevant personal protective equipment requirements
- The issues of team lifts
- How to prepare and undertake manual handling assessments
- How to label loads
- Controlling manual handling risks The principles of training
- Preparing a training course and venue
- Instructional techniques (both theoretical guidance and practical demonstration)
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment including showing competence of delivery skills.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.