All workplaces are required by law to have a sufficient number of fire marshals on site in order to deal quickly and effectively with fire emergencies.
This Fire Marshal / Warden course advises delegates of the responsibilities of the role. It gives people the ability and confidence to assess situations and perform their duties in an emergency, in line with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO) 2005.
This half-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- Relevant legislation
- The role of the Fire Warden
- Fire safety, prevention within your organisation
- The dangers of smoke and smoke travel
- Principles of combustion
- Theory of firefighting equipment
- Means of escape, fire alarms
- Fire detectors
- Types and use of fire extinguishers (theory only)
Open courses: Individuals can book the half-day Fire Marshal course at locations throughout the UK starting at £150+VAT per person.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test.
Certification: A certificate will be issued on successful completion of this course valid for 5 years.