Risk Assessment and Manual Handling combined training day.
These courses have been scheduled together to teach attendees the 5 steps to risk assessment, how to plan for hazards and when to fill out a risk assessment. This compliments our Manual Handling course, helping to understand TILE assessments alongside safe lifting and carrying techniques.
This 1-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £795+VAT for up to 10 delegates. If you’d like these delivered separately, they are a half-day course each and the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- Legislative requirements
- What is Risk Assessment
- 5 steps to risk assessment
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Safe systems of work
- Control Measures
- How to help reduce the risk of accidents and injury through correct moving and lifting
- The legislation applicable to manual handling operations
- The ability to identify hazardous manual handling operations
- How to apply suitable controls to manual handling operations through the process of task evaluation
- How to select the correct PPE for the task according to the risk assessment
- All practical elements are tutor led and will involve the lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of indigenous tools, equipment and materials.
Assessment: Delegates must show competence in filling out the relevant paperwork and a multiple-choice test.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive 2 certificates valid for 5 years.