The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 require that any electrical equipment that has the potential to cause injury is maintained in a safe condition. Portable Appliance Testing is one way in which to ensure electrical equipment is safe.
What you will learn:
- Know the stages involved in PAT testing
- Recognise the difference between Class I and Class II appliances
- Know what standards are required in order for an appliance to pass each stage of PAT testing
- Know where to find more information about re-test frequencies
- Understand the hazards involved in PAT testing and the precautions that should be taken
Who is this course for?
- Anyone interested in becoming trained in portable appliance testing, supplementing formal training with accessible resources.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a multiple-choice test.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate.