This course is designed for personnel who will be responsible for assembling, dismantling, altering, moving, and inspecting mobile access towers. It teaches delegates how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter a mobile access tower without risk of personal injury to the delegate or others.
This 1-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, for a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 delegates for £145+VAT per person.
We can also offer this course at centres all over the UK for the same price.
What you will learn (click here for the course syllabus)
- The ability to identify tower components accurately and state their function correctly
- How to conduct an inspection of the tower prior to erection and post erection to ensure it is safe to use
- How to assemble, alter and dismantle towers in the correct sequence in line with manufacturer’s instructions, incorporating current best practice for fall protection in accordance with the product standards guide BS EN1004:2004
- Inspection of completed mobile access towers and completion of tower inspection records
- Understanding what affects the stability of towers during use
- Hazards affecting the use of mobile towers and how to avoid or control them effectively
- Legislative regulations and guidance affecting working at height with mobile access towers
- PASMA Code of Practice
Assessment: Delegates must complete a closed book theory and practical test with an 80% pass in both parts.
Personal Protective Equipment: Suitable head / footwear / eye/ glove protection is required during the practical session. Hard hats with chin strap is preferable.
Venue Requirements: A suitable classroom to accommodate up to 12 delegates and an indoor/outdoor practical area, with a minimum free height of 6.2 metres, to accommodate two mobile access towers. One tower is to be compliant to 3T (through the trap) and the second one compliant to AGR (Advance Guardrail). THSP do not provide this equipment.
If hiring towers, they will need to be 4.2m high platform towers. Please also provide manufacturer’s instruction manuals for both towers. In the case of bad weather please note that PASMA ask for an inside area with sufficient floor space to build a double-width tower (with all 4 stabilisers fitted) with a ceiling clearance of 6.2 metres.
Pre-requisites: Literacy and language comprehension are important and anyone attending should be physically fit and in good health.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive an electronic PASMA certificate and ID card valid for five years.
To book this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03456 122 144.