The NEBOSH General certificate would benefit managers, supervisors and staff who have health and safety responsibilities within their organisation and need a broad understanding of the issues that can arise or someone looking for their first step into the health and safety industry. The course will assist individuals in carrying out their organisational duties and functions more effectively and help them to protect their organisation.
Duration: 10 days plus exams
Our course price includes all course materials, study days and exam fees.
This NEBOSH accredited qualification is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:
Management of Health and Safety (NG1) – Open book exam
Risk Assessment (NG2) – Practical assessment
What you will learn
- An understanding of the foundations of Health and Safety policy and organisation
- The ability to promote a positive health and safety culture
- The know how to investigate and report on accidents and incidents
- Have the knowledge to manage and control hazards for workplace activities, i.e. movement of people and vehicles, mechanical and manual handling, electrical, fire and demolition etc.
- To monitor, review and audit
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
Prerequisites: Delegates need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Certification: On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a NEBOSH certificate.
To book this course at our office in Bedford, available dates are below. If you’d prefer a different location, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03456 122 144.