Poor mental health is now the number one reason for staff absence. Mental health training offers a cost-effective way to promote mental wellbeing in your organisation and at home. Your workplace must have trained first aiders, but do you have any Mental Health First Aiders?
In any given week one in six adults will experience some kind of mental health event. Most of us will encounter someone having such an event, either at work or in our personal life. Would you know how to help?
Research proves that early intervention provides the best chance of recovery. Someone that asks, listens, who can support and sign-post help when needed.
This 2-day Mental Health First Aid course will provide you with a core framework to help and support those around you. Delegates who successfully complete the course will become qualified Mental Health First Aiders certified by Mental Health First Aid England
We can offer this course at centres all over the UK or at your chosen premises with prices starting at £250+VATpp.
What you will learn:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
- The knowledge to help break the stigma of mental health
Prerequisites: Delegates must be over 16 and will need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and take part in a scenario-based practical assessment.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a Level 3 Award in Mental Health: Workplace First Aider qualification, valid for 3 years.
Please be aware that this course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm.
To book this course, email email@example.com or call 03456 122 144.