Poor manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work and accounts for more than one in five of all workplace injuries. Prevent strains, bad backs and torn muscles, through raised personal awareness of the way to handle goods and materials, avoiding costly absences due to injury.
Understanding the impact on the body, of manually handling heavy or unbalanced items is essential in changing attitudes and long-term habits.
This course would benefit any person who may have to manually handle goods or materials as part of their job.
This half-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- How to help reduce the risk of accidents and injury through correct moving and lifting
- The legislation applicable to manual handling operations
- The ability to identify hazardous manual handling operations
- How to apply suitable controls to manual handling operations through the process of task evaluation
- How to select the correct PPE for the task according to the risk assessment
- All practical elements are tutor led and will involve the lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of indigenous tools, equipment and materials.
Open courses: Individuals can book the half-day Manual Handling course at locations throughout the UK starting at £75+VAT per person.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.
To book this course, email email@example.com or call 03456 122 144.