This course enables delegates to identify and select the correct form of safety harnesses and lanyards, and to be able to inspect, maintain, monitor, fit and use them effectively.
THSP’s half-day course will benefit anyone who supervises or manages the use of safety harnesses in the workplace and needs to be aware of the correct selection, inspection, and use of safety harnesses to prevent falls. It is also essential to understand what a suitable rescue plan involves.
This half-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- Essential knowledge required for operating safely at height
- How to select the correct harnesses and lanyards for a given purpose
- How to properly fit, care for and store safety harnesses
- The skills to carry out harness and lanyard safety checks and record the results
- The importance of a suitable rescue plan
- A selection of harnesses and lanyards, preferably 1 per person
- A training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply for the theory component of the course
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.