This course will train persons in the use and operation of the “Qualitative” fit test equipment and procedures and equip them with the knowledge and skills required to enable them to carry out fit testing in line with the requirements of INDG479.
This training will benefit anyone with a responsibility for conducting face mask fit testing of persons wearing half mask types including filtering facepiece (FFP) respirators.
The training will take place in a classroom environment using a selection of your own face mask types and our qualitative fit test equipment. It will comprise both theoretical and practical work.
This training course can be delivered at your chosen premises with prices starting at £495+VAT for 5 people. We also offer longer sessions for 8 or 10 people.
What you will learn
- The ability to state when a mast fit test is required
- Understand and have a working knowledge of the HSE282/28 guidance
- How to assemble the qualitative fit test kit correctly and carry out pre testing inspections and tests
- How to identify the types of mask in use and confirm that the qualitative method is suitable
- Briefing the subject on the reasons for testing and factors which can affect the fit of the mask
- Instructing the candidate to fit the mast using the correct technique and carry out an appropriate fit check
- Conducting the fit test correctly and in accordance with the HSE282/28 guidance document, including suitable exercises
- How to complete the necessary records and brief the subject appropriately on completion of the test
- Understanding and describe the limitations of the Qualitative fit test method and be aware of the alternatives.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.
This session does not include the assessment required to obtain Fit2Fit accredited status.