Keep yourself and your colleagues safe when working on site. Learn about potential hazards, gain practical advice and prove your understanding.
This course is recommended if you live in the UK, are working in the construction and civil engineering industries and are looking to:
- refresh your basic health and safety knowledge
- apply for a CSCS Labourer card.
What you will learn
- Workers’ individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
What’s included in the price?
- Access to the online course for up to 12 months
- Access to the online publication Construction health and safety awareness (GE707), for up to 12 months
- It provides further information to support your learning
- The end of course invigilated examination, delivered online (using your own equipment)
What do I need to complete the course?
To complete the interactive course you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (eCourses are not supported on mobile handsets).
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android
- Processor: 3 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768
- The most recent version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari
To take the end-of-course examination you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer or laptop with a webcam, speakers and microphone.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test. There is a £21 fee if you need to retake your exam.
Prerequisites: Delegates need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CITB certificate valid for 5 years.