THSP’s Manual Handling training course will help you understand how to assess risk, avoid injury and lift correctly. These are essential skills for anyone who is involved in the handling of materials within their workplace.
The course complies with:
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
This training course provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to handle materials in the workplace safely.
Who should attend?
All employees whether they are office or site based who may have to manually handle goods or materials as part of their job.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Help reduce the risk of accidents and injury through correct moving and lifting
- State the legislation applicable to manual handling operations correctly
- Identify hazardous manual handling operations
- Apply suitable controls to these operations through the process of task evaluation
- Select the correct PPE for the task according to the task evaluation.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.
All course prices include course hand-outs.
This course is carried out at your company premises and can accommodate a maximum of 10 delegates.
In order to undertake this course on your company premises THSP will require:
- A training room to comfortably accommodate all delegates with 240V power supply
- A range of objects in various sizes and weights.
“Good practice of safe lifting that will help me at my place of work…brilliant course.” Lewis Fieldsend, Syte Architectural.