This course will prepare you for managing the environmental aspects of a construction site by helping you put into practice your legal, moral and social responsibilities.
The Site management environmental training scheme eCourse is aimed at site managers and aspiring site managers who are looking to improve their overall knowledge of environmental management and legislation as it applies to UK construction sites.
What you will learn
- Sustainable construction and the environment
- Energy management
- Archaeology and heritage
- Ecology and biodiversity
- Statutory nuisance
- Water protection and management
- Resource efficiency
- oil management and contamination control
- Waste management
What’s included in the price?
- Access to the online course for up to 12 months
- Access to the online publication Construction site safety – Environment (GE700ES), for up to 12 months
- It provides further information to support your learning
- The end of course invigilated examination, delivered online (using your own equipment)
What do I need to complete the course?
To complete the interactive course you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (eCourses are not supported on mobile handsets).
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android
- Processor: 3 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768
- The most recent version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari
To take the end-of-course examination you need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer or laptop with a webcam, speakers and microphone.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test. There is a £21 fee if you need to retake your exam.
Prerequisites: Delegates need to have a good understanding of spoken and written English and have photographic ID.
If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to attend the exam check-in process.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CITB certificate valid for 5 years.