Damaged cables can cost a business thousands of pounds and can also cause death or injury to workers. This cable avoidance equipment (CAT and Genny) training course is designed to train delegates in the use of cable avoidance tools (CAT) along with a Signal Generator (GENNY) when tracing underground services.
CAT & Genny training would benefit anyone who uses a cable avoidance tool to locate services, including any supervisors or managers overseeing this operation.
This half-day training course can be delivered at your chosen premises, the cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn:
- The safe use of a Cable Avoidance Tool
- The correct use of a Genny
- How to correctly locate services
- How to locate and mark out service runs
Equipment/facilities you must provide:
- Cable Avoidance Tool complete with Signal Generator
- Marker paint or chalk
- Training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply for the theory component of the course
Assessment: Delegates must complete a written test and a practical assessment.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a certificate valid for 5 years.