The UKATA Asbestos Awareness (Category A) training course gives an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities from asbestos.
The course complies with:
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
The UKATA accredited certificate provides an awareness and develops the knowledge amongst employees as regards the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACM’s). The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 10 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are, or who are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
Who should attend?
Tradesmen (carpenters, electricians, plasterers, plumbers etc.) who do not have any intention of removing asbestos, but who undertake building, maintenance or other work in buildings built or refurbished before 2000 where asbestos could be present.
This course is legally required if you are liable to be exposed to asbestos and on completion you are certified for one year in line with The Approved Code of Practice.
Please note this course does not train you to work with asbestos containing materials.
All course prices include course hand-outs, UKATA registration and examination fees.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 15
On successful completion of this course, delegates will:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings, and where appropriate items of plant
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding:
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work
- What to do if suspicious materials are found
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Be able to undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation
- Understand the procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACM’s and understand the appropriate emergency arrangements.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.
The cost for this training to be delivered at your site is £440+VAT for up to 15 delegates.
We also offer this course on a per person basis at centres throughout the UK, please contact us for dates and prices.