The SMSTS Site Management Training Scheme covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries including:
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Aims of the course
This SMSTS accredited certificate provides delegates with an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare, current health and safety legislation. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
This industry-recognised course is ideal for individuals or companies who need to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
Who should attend
Site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
This course covers:
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
Work at Height Regulations 2005
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
At the end of the period of training:
- You will be aware of, and able to implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects you during their daily work
- You will be able to implement new guidance and industry best practice and state duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.
Delegates carry out projects throughout the course and there is a multiple choice exam at the end.