The Safe Use of Oxy/Gas Cutting Equipment training course gives delegates the skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standard of competence to carry out the process of cutting materials safely. It also teaches them to inspect, operate and maintain oxy/gas equipment correctly. This training is all in line with Regulation 9 (1) of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to use Oxy/Gas Cutting Equipment, and any supervisors/managers overseeing this operation.
This course focuses on:
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
All delegates must have the correct PPE in order to attend this course; i.e. dust masks and impact resistant eye protection plus hearing protection.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Identify cylinders and their contents
- Understand the need for safe handling and storage of cylinders
- Identify and use ancillary equipment such as hoses, regulators and blowpipes
- Identify operational faults and immediate action to be taken
- Understand general precautions and permits to work systems relating to hot works.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.