Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels training course offers practical advice on how to reduce abrasive wheel accidents and is designed to encourage workers to adopt a culture to improve overall safety within the workplace.
The course complies with:
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Regulation 9 (1) of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
The aim of the course is to train selected individuals in the safe use, fitting and maintenance of abrasive wheels and associate machinery enabling them to carry out tasks with this equipment safely.
Who should attend
Anyone who has to select, mount, change and use abrasive wheels. This includes operators and supervisors/ managers overseeing this operation as part of their duties.
All delegates must have the correct PPE in order to attend this course:
- Dust masks
- Impact resistant eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Safety footwear.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be aware of and be able to:
- Demonstrate how to select, mount, test and dress abrasive wheels correctly
- Select the correct Personal Protective Equipment
- Explain and demonstrate the need for safe handling in use and storage.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.