The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)*
- Fire Safety and Risk Management (FC1)
- Practical Fire Risk Assessment (FC2)
* Students who have already passed NGC1 as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification do not need to re- take NGC1, provided it was achieved within the last 5 years. If you achieved NGC1 more than 5 years ago, you may re-sit the examination without needing to attend a taught course.
This NEBOSH accredited Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management provides you or your team with an appropriate breadth of underpinning knowledge for non-specialists in fire safety, enabling them to discharge more effectively their organisational duties or functions with respect to workplace fire safety.
Who should attend
The National Fire Certificate is designed for managers, supervisors and employee representatives that have been designated with fire responsibilities. It equips delegates to conduct and review fire risk assessments in most, low risk workplaces and enables them to identify preventative and protective measures in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and/or the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will:
- To gain an understanding of the legal framework relating to fire and health and safety.
- To appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace.
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
- This training also includes the principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
This training can be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.
You will be required to take two, two-hour written papers for each the first two units, plus a four-hour fire risk assessment in your workplace. Following successful completion of these examinations you will receive your NEBOSH certificate.
All course prices include course hand-outs, NEBOSH registration, examination fees, refreshments and lunch.
In order to undertake this course on your company premises THSP will require:
- A training venue to comfortably accommodate all delegates with 240V power supply.