The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors training course reflects the principles embodied in The HSE’s guidance, ‘Successful Health and Safety Management’ (HSG65),) and The Turnbull report (‘Internal controls: Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code’).
IOSH approved, this training course is designed to provide senior executives and directors with the information they need to lead the integration of health and safety in their strategic business planning, systems and performance.
The course complies with:
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
The aim of this course is to provide directors and senior executives with the information they need to help them effectively promote health and safety in their workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within small and medium sized enterprises should attend.
This applies to organisations with fewer than 250 employees and includes directors, managers and supervisors, plus individuals responsible for teams or groups of employees who require a basic knowledge of health and safety law and how it applies to them.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand the importance of strategic safety management and its integration into other business management systems
- Identify accident causes and plan for prevention through risk assessment and control strategies
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the importance of consultation and communication with employees on health and safety issues
- Understand the importance of employee selection and the effect of human factors on health and safety
- Know the importance of performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management.
This training can also be carried out in-house at your premises, this offers the ability to train multiple members of staff at the same time in an environment where they feel comfortable. It also means that you save time away from the workplace and save money on travel and accommodation. All of our courses can be tailored to meet your requirements and reflect your business needs, for more information call us on 03456 122 144.