The deadlines for renewing extended IPAF, First Aid and CITB qualifications due to the disruptions of COVID-19 have been announced.
For IPAF courses, the expiry dates is 30th September 2020
For CITB courses, the expiry date is 30th November 2020
First Aid providers have resumed First Aid training and assessment. In some cases, there remains a back log or limited availability.
FAW or EFAW certificates that expired after 16 March 2020 can remain valid until 31 October 2020 or 6 months from date of expiry, whichever is later. All requalification training for these certificates should be completed by 31 March 2021.
To qualify for the extension, employers must be able to demonstrate that:
- they have made every effort to arrange requalification training as soon as possible and can explain in detail why they have not been able to do so. For example, they must show evidence that staff with expired certificates are booked on to EFAW or FAW requalification courses, if requested by an inspector
- they have adequate and appropriate equipment and facilities to give first aid to any employee who is injured or becomes ill at work
- the level of first aid cover provided remains appropriate for their particular work environment
- the level of first aid provision necessary in high risk settings is fully maintained, e.g. in construction, agriculture, engineering and chemicals
- This guidance now applies to employers in England, Scotland and Wales.
If you have a qualification that expired on or after the 15th March 2020, you can book a refresher course to renew it before these dates.
THSP offer face-to-face classroom and remote training options, all of which are COVID-secure, designed to give you a safe learning experience. For First Aid, every delegate will have their own resus doll and PPE will be provided.
Refresher courses start from £175.00 + VAT. Save yourself the time and cost of having to go through the whole course again by refreshing your certificate before the deadline date.
Contact our team today on 03456 122 144 to book your place.